|J'ai le coeur à te dire... by LN|
A short while ago I pinned this great layout called " J'ai le coeur à te dire... " (I have the heart to tell you…) by LN on Scraptus. I loved all the layering of the circles, stars and buttons and just had to scraplift it.
So, I came up with this. (Unfortunately the picture doesn't really do it justice, even though I had eight tries before I got one that was semi reasonable!)
I used the papers, ribbon, "V" brad and heart eyelets from my LSS monthly kit. I felt that the red cardstock in the kit was just too overpowering with the rest of the patterned papers. So, because I wanted to enter the Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Kraft Paper challenge, I toned it down with a piece of kraft paper I had in my stash. I think the colours go together really well.
I started by putting the kraft paper on top of the red cardstock, then stamped the Stampin Up! Medallion stamp in three places and embossed them with some Stamp-it violet pearl embossing powder. I used some fired brick Distress ink over part of the kraft paper. Then I tore a couple pieces of scrap paper and layered them over the Stampin Up! En Français background stamp before inking it up with the same distress ink. Because of the scrap paper on the stamp, I only got part of the stamp. I haven't stamped on my background much, but I love this effect so might have to try it more often.
I attached my black and white photos, then cut lots and lots of circles and other shapes from the Bo Bunny papers in the kit. The dies I used were:
I used the Sullivan's 1.5" star burst punch and the Stampin Up! multi-flower punch as well. I also cut a number of the words from one of the papers. I inked the edges of some of the lighter coloured die cuts with Bark Versamark ink, then started layering! I attached most of the die cuts with regular double sided tape, but raised some with foam tape. I also put the two bits of ribbon coming out of the top and bottom of the line of embellishments.
|See the tiny heart in the middle of the eyelet?!|
I used the V brad over the V in LOVE on the circle near the bottom, and set the four heart eyelets into the cardstock and brown heart. Unfortunately this left a hole in the middle, but the paper with all the words also had the tiniest little hearts that fit perfectly in the holes so I cut them out of the paper and attached them behind the hole - problem solved quite effectively I thought!!
Finally I added a few bling hearts and flowers, printed and added the jounalling strips and I was done!
I absolutely love how this layout turned out, and for the first time in a while it came out better than I imagined. Of course it helped that these pictures of my son and I are great too.
Till next time, happy days!