Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



4 January 2014

Catching up

Oh my - it's been months since I've posted anything on my blog! I haven't completely given up scrapping, I just haven't been posting about it. Hopefully I'll be better now that things have kind of calmed down in our household.

Here are a few layouts that I've made in the past few months.

This one I made for an online challenge but then didn't have time to post it. I can't even remember any more which challenge it was for! I really like how it turned out though, with the large photograph and the line of smaller ones below it. These photos are fairly old, from our trip to the Amazon in 2007. The small pictures are of a giant river otter (we saw a group of nine of them), a hoatzin, my children in the boat, a caiman (you can just see its eyes) and a heron. All the papers (Kaisercraft) and embellishments are from my stash. 
 



3x (Fancy That) Wildflower Head #3 plus ribbon and rose
This second layout is of my daughter's 18th afternoon tea. I used one of the monthly paper kit from my LSS, Wrapped in Paper. I used a Page Maps sketch (although I don't remember which one now) and several die cuts. The dies I used were Woven Circle 98114 (now discontinued, from Memory Box), Doily Flower 3 and Wildflower Head 3 (from Fancy That Dies), By the Numbers (from MFT Die-namics)  DL112 Exotic Butterflies small, and DL112A Angel Wings (by Cheery Lynn Design).
Folded ribbon, paper banner, woven circle die,
wildflower head #3 die, butterfly die
  
  


Happy in Love is another layout that I made with the monthly paper kit from my LSS. While I like bright colours, these papers were a touch too bight for my liking, but they went well with the photos of my parents I thought. It's a fairly simple layout, with lots of layering of papers (including a doily), ribbon and pearls from the kit along with a bit of washi tape.





This last layout is also one made with a monthly paper kit from Wrapped in Paper. Again these photos are pretty old, dating from our trip to Kangaroo Island in January 2006. Making this layout brought back fond memories of that trip, and especially our visit to Paul's Place. If you ever find yourself on Kangaroo Island, you definitely should make an effort to go visit Paul's Place. Paul is such a character, and if you have young children they will enjoy the multitude of animals he and his family care for. Cutting dies used were the Textile rectangle and Wonky Scallop Border (both from MFT Die-namics) 


Till next time, happy days!

No comments: