Well ok, so my title isn't in fact Breaking Dawn, but rather Dawn Breaking (over Lake Burley Griffin). In my defence however, I had always intended to title my layout Breaking Dawn, it's just that I couldn't put the longer word at the top in the space because it would have looked funny, and with the subtitle it didn’t sound right either, so Dawn Breaking it was! Whatever the title though, I love how this layout turned out! It's my latest entry for the White with 1 challenge. This month's challenge was white + kraft + layering.
It was hard deciding whether something was classified as kraft or not, but hopefully I haven't really strayed from the rules, since I decided to consider anything that was a kind of beigey colour as kraft. That's how I interpreted it anyway and so this is what I ended up with.
I once again scraplifted this fabulous layout by CelesteVermeend. I scraplifted it once before too, here. Celeste's style really appeals to me, and I love her work, especially this particular layout, although I'm not even sure exactly why. But there you have it!
So, after gathering all my papers together I started cutting out pieces. I embossed almost all the cardstock pieces, and die cut lots of papers too. Everything comes from my scraps stash. The embellishments too are from my stash, the metal heart and the little humming bird have both been in there for about 7 years now I think! The Awesome (Memory Labels) tag and the flower (Magnolia Julia by Prima) were both hostess gifts for hosting a die cut swap, and some of the die cuts on here are from that swap as well. Other cutting dies and punches from my own collection that I used were:
the rectangle from the layered label die,
Stampin Up! label punch
and Butterfly punch.
The embossing folders I used were:
Script folder by The Paper Studio
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Couture Creations Houndstooth, and
Couture Creations Drink Me.
The jute was saved from a clothing tag, the letter stickers are from Kaisercraft (Duchess Collection) and Adornit (tiny etched natural). All the inking was done with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
I think this layout turned out great, and there certainly is a lot layering. I actually laid everything out before I stuck it down, then took a picture so I could recreate it as I stuck all the pieces down! I'd love you to leave me a comment and tell me what you think.
Till next time, happy days.