Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



27 February 2012

Nara Candle Festival




Here's my latest layout for the Sketches with a Twist challenge. This month the twist was to use something green on your layout along with the sketch. Well, since I'm in to green at the moment that wasn't hard, so I used several green patterned papers on a brown cardstock background.

Following the sketch was easy and the layout came together quite quickly. I cut the banner pieces out with the MFT  Die-namics mini pennant die, hand stitched the string for the banner, and sewed on a few  buttons. The medallion and the little green paper "buttons" were cut out with the Nellie Snellen MFD030 die. the scalloped border was cut out (twice) with the MFT Die-namics wonky scallop border die. The papers are from my stash so I'm not sure what brand they are. The candle sticker is from Elizabeth Craft Designs. It was silver so I coloured it with a gold pen. I added a few gold brads, the journalling, some gold sticker letters which have been sitting in my stash for a very long time, and the layout was done!
 
The pictures come from the Nara Candle Festival. This event was in its 18th year in 2011. It celebrates the Sister City relationship between Canberra, and Nara Japan. There were over 2000 candles as well as lots of Japanese crafts, demonstrations and food. Last October was the first time that we actually made it to the Festival despite wanting to go almost each year since we've been in Canberra! It was very interesting and we will probably go again, hopefully this year.

I still have another layout to share with you, but I'm not sure if I'll get to post it today or not, so, till next time, happy days.
Francine

5 comments:

Laurie said...

this is a great layout, those photos are nice, that must have been beautiful to see all those candles in person...thanks for playing along with us at SWAT!

Mitralee said...

Great job! Love the special touches!

Lizzyc said...

HI.. how very special it must have been to see all those candles.. it looks stunning... and i love the layout too.. the sketch works well with the photos.. Thanks for joining in at Sketches with a Twist..

ddazzled71 said...

Francine you have created such a wonderful layout with this month's sketch. I really love how you have used darker colours for your background and embellishments and allowed your pictures to shine just like the candles have at the festival. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches with a Twist.
Danie - SWAT DT

LisaB said...

Great Layout! Thanks for playing along at SWAT
LisaB ~ SWAT DT