Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



27 January 2012

A letter to Kyaa


I'm so proud of my daughter. She is growing into a lovely young woman; responsible, sensible, and hard working among other things. I decided to make a layout to hold a letter to her about how much I love her and how proud of her I am. It just so happened that it also coincided with challenge  #24 over at Use it Tuesday to do a layout about love, all while using up your scraps! I've just discovered this challenge blog, and anything that encourages me to use up what I have rather than buy more is a good thing!

So here's my layout.

Everything on it has been in my stash, some things for six or seven years! The only new things I used are the cutting dies that I got for Christmas, but the paper I cut with them is from my stash. Let's see if I can tell you all the products I used:
  • cardstock and purple patterned paper for large heart are both from TLC kits from my TLC selling days
  • vellum from Paper Pleasing Ideas (now out of business) to cover chipboard K, top of the banner, flower stamens, and to make the letters for the title
  • chipboard K by Making Memories
  • cream/green patterned paper, rubons, ribbon, sticky backed pearls - unknown
  • Postmarks background stamp from Kaisercraft

Cutting dies used:


And just in case you were wondering where the actual letter is - it's hidden behind the dark purple heart, but it's for my daughter's eyes only!

Till next time, happy days.
Francine

2 comments:

Irini said...

What a fabulous layout.....so happy you are using up your stash!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!
hugz
irini

{Eka} said...

Wonderful and delicate work of art! Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!