Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



11 October 2011

Online Crop Weekend - Part 2 - Cards

Of the 25 challenges at my weekend online crop, the majority were card making challenges. I'm not really a card maker so these challenges are about the only time that I ever make any. I got eight cards done, but I'm only going to share four of them here. All of them were made with paper and cardstock scraps from my stash!


For the first card, the challenge was to include a circle, square and rectangle on the card. I cut all the items out of the same scrap of paper. The pink scalloped flower and central circle were cut using the Papertrey Ink Limitless Layers dies



For the second card you had to include stitching. I used my new Sew Easy piercer with the lazy daisy head. I practiced first to work out how to put the holes in the right place! The sentiment is a TLC rub on. This is my favourite card that I made on the weekend. 


For the third card, there was a sketch to follow. I used ribbons for the downward pieces. I used the Limitless Layers dies for the circles, and the Joy Crafts daisy die for the central flower. As I don't have a scallop border punch or circle punches the right size, I cut a pink retro flower, cut the petals off, then used them to make the scallops! I thought that was pretty ingenious, if I do say so myself. 

The last card was also made from a sketch. I know I didn't follow the sketch too closely! The label was cut out using the Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #10 die.  This is my second favourite card of the weekend. 


I still need to do a post about the layouts I made. Stay tuned!

Till next time, happy days!
Francine

No comments: