Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



11 October 2011

Online crop weekend - part 1 - OTP/ATCs

This past weekend I had the pleasure of participating in an online challenge weekend with my "Crop Room" scrapping buddies - mostly women in the US, but at least one friend from NZ as well (hi Lainie!). The crop was in celebration of World Card Making Day, even though it was a week late! There were 25 challenges in total - mostly cards as well as four layout challenges and four ATC/OTP challenges. here's what I made for the OTP/ATC challenges.


Challenge 1 - Create a flower from scratch.
I used this video tutorial to make a ric rac flower. While I liked the result it was smaller than I anticipated and so I added to it by punching two retro flowers, layering them together and adding the ric rac flower as the flower centre. I love how it turned out, and it was quite simple and fast to make too so I ended up making four flowers in the end :-)
 






Challenge 2 - Create a Halloween tag
The tag had to be at least 2.5" wide x 4" tall. Mine is 3.25" x 5.25". I used a TLC Halloween kit from my stash for the main embellishment on this tag. I was unlikely to ever use the kit since Halloween isn't a big thing here, and figured that even if I did want to use it, I could put this tag on the layout if I needed it!
Challenge 3 - Make an ATC with the theme "fly"The ATC could be of anything that flies except a bird. Since I liked this theme I made two ATC's, both about butterflies. Here they are!

The red one uses my new favourite Marianne Creatables butterfly die, Vintage Vogue stamp set from SU, and Cuttlebug typewriter alphabet die. I stamped the border stamp across the bottom, sprinkled on Stamp n Bond powder, heated it, then added the silver glitter. For the wings I put some double sided tape under the 'holes' I wanted to glitter then sprinkled the glitter on. 
The pink ATC uses a SU stamp set called Great Friend. I found the quote online and printed it directly onto the cardstock.
Challenge 4 Make an ATC with the theme "Mother"

For this ATC about Mother Nature, I printed a quote I found online directly on to the ATC, and stamped the green flourish leaves using the Vintage Vogue stamp set mentioned above. The medallion was made from one of my kaleidoscope cards and cut out with the EZ Cut - Fold Flower 5 die. The original kaleidoscope is shown below. 
Grevillea card
www. MemoriesInKaleidoscope.com
I hope to do another post later about some of the other things I made on the weekend.

Till next time, happy days!

Francine  

No comments: