Close to my Heart scrapbooking and cardmaking products

I'm an independent Close to my Heart consultant! If you're interested in our wonderful line of products, you can check them out or order online on my website at: Francine.cmth.com.au



20 March 2011

Apron Strings Birthday Party Day #11

The Apron String Birthday Party Challenge #11 was to make a layout with at least 6 photos on it. My first instinct was to create a double page layout, but then I decided to really challenge myself and make a single page layout instead. I remembered that on the (Better Homes and Gardens) Scrapbooks Etc. site that they have collage templates. I found one that I liked and put my photos in. I did change the template slightly, but it was a great starting point! Thanks Lori for reminding me (indirectly at least!) about these great templates. So here's what I came up with.


I used an old TLC Spotlight (birthday) kit that I had in my stash. (In fact I have lots of TLC kits in my stash and I really should get in and use them up!) Because the photos were already set out in the collage, most of the work was already done and the layout itself came together really quickly. I just added a bit more sparkle by doodling on some of the chipboard pieces with my Sakura star gel pens. You can see it a bit in these detail pictures.


I did blur out the boys in the pictures since I'm not sure if their parents would approve.

Till next time, happy days!

Francine

3 comments:

Patchi said...

Great LO! I love how you used the photo collage!

Briel said...

I love the idea of the photo collage...I've forgotten about those. Great reminder and great LO.

Lori said...

Fantastic, so fun and festive. I don't do much with photo editing of any kind, but collages like that make me think I need to dabble. . .